Friday, January 07, 2005

Three Reasons This Picture Sucks.

Okay. Three reasons this picture sucks. It's good, In a WAY, because the eyes are, well, pretty. But.
  1. No cat in his right mind, big or small, would rest in this position. It's gotta put way too much weight on your crotchal area. One leg, at least, would be on the branch. I think the ARTIST just doesn't have enough confidence in feline balance. What if this big cat were sleeping, and a baby leopard (um... is it a leopard?) climbed the tree and jumped on its butt? Which happens ALL THE TIME. Clearly, there would be no new babies from this guy.
  2. The name. "A Golden Resting Place." This name is so self-important and pretentious that I can't even. Don't get me started. Please. Come on. Who the... I mean, really.
  3. The price... is $24,000. Gold leafed... What? Why would... Christ! Gold leaf. Your crappy art isn't overblown enough, you have to do it in gold leaf. Spare me. That's $24,000 worth of gold that could have been used for semiconductors. Semiconductors!
So. My rant's done. Bad! Bad bad bad, me hates.


See this lovely terrible painting. Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home