Friday, March 04, 2005

Popstrology: What's Your Sign?

Popstrology: What's Your Sign?

This link shows you what song was number one when you greeted the world outside your mom for the first time. Was it sweet and loving and kinda boring, like "I Just Called to Say I Love You," by Stevie Wonder? Was it a harsh and totalitarian view of the future world, like Pink Floyd's "Another Brick in the Wall"? Was it John Ashcroft's "Let the Eagles Soar," because you are a.) very young, and b.) you were born in an alternate universe where people have very bad taste and are also insane?

There ya go. WAY more useful than astrology. Although... come to think of it, why WOULDN'T all the stars in the visible universe orchestrate the minutiae of our daily existence? What was I thinking? It makes PERFECT sense.

I was born when "Hey Jude" by the Beatles was number one, because I am old, very very old, and also because I am very cool. (I probably will disprove this claim within thirty seconds of making it. I am just that dorky.)

3 Comments:

  • "Papa Was a Rolling Stone," cuz that's how I roll.


    Of course if I had been born on time it would have been "I Can See Clearly Now." I am glad I waited for something with a little more rhythm. It made the delivery much easier.

    By Blogger Jamie, at 4:26 AM  

  • ...uhm... J was born to the "Theme from Shaft"...snickers.

    By Blogger Jamie, at 4:28 AM  

  • "Papa Was a Rolling Stone!" Now that is just way cool.

    Not as cool as the Beatles, but... who am I kidding. Your song kicks the Beatles' ass. Es. Asses.

    At least "Hey, Jude," I mean. But don't make it bad. You have to take a sad song and make it better.

    By Blogger annekat, at 10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home