Monday, February 21, 2005

Are You Deaf? I'm Meowing Here

Just got back to town... I was away on babysitting. Babysitting for four kids, the youngest with ADHD, is not, okay, well, it IS a barrel of laughs, but also it's a barrel of oh-my-cranium-has-a-big-hole-now-where-my-brain-sploded-out. Brain! Sploded!

But I'm home, yay. And I'm doing this and that, I run to my room to pet up the cats, and then I watch TV for a bit in the living room. I'm worn out, and I have to watch Kiefer save the TerrorTeen. Go, Kiefer! Next week, Kiefer gets to torture his girlfriend's ex! How many people's fantasies would THAT fulfill? (Back story of my house: the cats can't be in this section of the house due to Severe Cat Antipathy between my cats and my brother's cat, Princess Snootypants.)

So I finally get my act together enough to shut off the TV and head to my room for the evening. But, my brother wants to chat for a bit. He hasn't seen me in days, and he's had nobody to discuss his EverQuest ordeals with.

Not that I, uh, care about EverQuest. Because: how can you? But you know, my brother is into it. And so he's telling me about the dragon they were after, and suddenly I'm being paged. The cat has been: Neglected, Ignored, Insufficiently Attended, and I am in Big Trouble, and it is About Time I Took Care of More Important Things. MEEEEEEOOOOOOWWWWWWWW. (There DOES seem to be a lot that can be fit into that one little word, doesn't there?) But, oddly enough, though my brother can hear this perfectly well, he continues telling me about the dragon. I couldn't tell you the first thing about what he might have said, though. It was all drowned out for me by the insistent, pitiful caterwauling.

I don't think my cat cares much about EverQuest. I shouldn't oughta complain in this bloggery about this... but please refer to the start of this post. Brain! Sploded! Mental Capacity: Absent!

MMMEEEEEEOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home