Saturday, February 05, 2005

At Least Make it a GOOD Scam

Okay, the stuff below is from my email inbox today. And it's spam, of course. Now, I hate spam, sure, because I'm not a butt.

However, this particular spam is much worse then normal spam. Yes, it's bad, because some cretin is trying to get people's account information and steal them blind, which is extremely skudgy. But THAT'S not even the biggest problem with this email.

No. The biggest problem is the ungodly bad use of grammar here! My gah. What did the English language ever do to them? Send us spam, yes, we know and hate your kind, and we'll live, though less happily than before. Rip us off, sure, people try that if they think they can get away with it, although it's pretty low. But my gah! This is just downright insulting!

"Confirm immediately of your parity the account"?? "We stop temporarily service of your account"??? Now who's supposed to be stupid enough to click through on that? If you're going to try to trick me, at LEAST have the respect for my intelligence to do it well!





Dear Washington Mutual client.
We ask you to confirm immediately of your parity the account to given e-mail.

Please go to: http://client.wamu-online-bank.com/index.php?rHt= 1742490202723995530 (blah blah etc. deleted. I don't want people actually going there.) Otherwise we stop temporarily service of your account.
Thank you for using WAMU Bank!

Please note: This e-mail message was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail.
Thank you for contacting WAMU

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home