Monday, March 21, 2005

No cover sheet on the TPS reports

Gah, the president guy on 24 totally is a sucky president. He says things like, "Trying's not good enough!" and he's preparing to declare martial law because of the terrorist attacks.

People who say "Trying's not good enough," are idiots. OF COURSE trying's not good enough, but der, trying is all you can do until the effort succeeds or fails. What, does he want someone to press the "Easy" button, so we can all stop this pesky "effort" thing?

Nobody who could say things like that could make it to be president. Wait... What am I saying? GW makes fun of his employees. He sent the White House chief of staff out for food, totally mocking him, like "hope you can manage it!"

So, we all hate jerkwads in positions of authority. We all do, that is, except for sycophants and those who ARE jerkwads in positions of authority.

Despite my hatred of all things jerkwad-and-in-authority, I'm looking forward to NBC's "The Office." The BBC show is awesome. Ricky Gervais decided not to make more than two seasons, though people wanted more episodes. More! More! More oblivious, pompous, self-important boss! More weaselly sycophant! More disaffected underlings!

So they're doing an American version on NBC. It's always good to steal good shows from the BBC. (Except for "Coupling," which NBC turned into a nasty McMess.)

But now a question. The boss's name on the US show is Michael Scott. Will this show forever ruin that name for people unlucky enough to have been born with it? Like Bill Lumbergh? Do you have those TPS reports? Aaaaand.... I'm gonna need you to come in this Saturday. And Sunday. That'd be great.

2 Comments:

  • I *lovetothemax* the office. I think that blond with the popping eyeballs is a hoot and a half.

    That is all... sorry I don't have a more clever comment.

    And.. yeah, did you get that memo about the TPS reports? Yours need more flair.

    By Blogger Jamie, at 1:07 PM  

  • How can I fit in any more flair? I'm even wearing little plastic ribbons on my nose stud! I attached a "Vote for My Cat" button to my eyebrow piercing!

    Oh, you mean on my vest?

    By Blogger annekat, at 4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home